Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Cats and Dogs


I love Cats, I am an animal lover. I currently have 3 cats (Piper, Roxy, and J-man formerly known as Jasmine), my boyfriend has 4 cats...yes that is 7 cats total if we ever decide to merg our families together into one home. Everyone and everything have different personalities, but it is just amazing to me how different our cats are. Mine are laid back, lazy and quiet, his are full of energy, loud and playful. I think that has to do a lot with the home environment...his cats seem to take after him...which is a good thing, mine take after my son..lazy, lazy, lazy.
My boyfriend (Mustang) and I do rescue runs for dogs, they come from a "kill shelter" and we transport them to a "no kill shelter" or to a place where they have a home for them. Now, we usually only do one or two of the legs, not all of them because sometimes these dogs are coming from states that are far way. But we love doing this, the only down fall is that it is so hard not to get attached. We have had some really sweet dogs and after one sits on your lap for two hours, it is really hard to say goodbye. But we know that they are going to a good place and look forward to the next run. I want a Greyhoud, I have always wanted one and I fret the day that we get one for a run. I do not think that I would be able to give it up. I know right now our life styles are not right for a dog but that does not make me want it less. Chalk that up to my list of hopes and dreams....taking one day at a time to make them all happen.

4 Comments:

Blogger Networkchic said...

You know I've often thought about being a foster pet mom but I fear I'd end up keeping too many for myself. I have two cats..and if I thouht I could get away with it I'd add more. Animals are such a light to our lives aren't they?

12:41 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yes they are and they always seem to know what mood your are in an act approporiately.
Thanks for visiting my Blog.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Caterpillar said...

You're such a wonderful and strong person, and so incredibly caring! I wish I could say that I do something to help animals like you do. I very often think about volunteering at a local shelter to give the cats love and give the dogs walks and love, but I'm still too afraid to try - that it will break my heart to leave them there.

But reading what you do - maybe it will give me the extra strength to try it. You're so wonderful!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks Cat, I appreciate the kind words. And if you end up not doing something at the shelter, just think that you have given your kittens a wonderful loving home and by doing that you are doing your part.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home