Thursday, May 18, 2006

Books, Books and more Books


I love to read. I love to collect books, all sorts of books. Fantasy, Fiction, Sci-Fi, Mystery, Non-Fiction, I love them all. I love the covers, the smell of the book, but I especially love what they have to offer. I am one of those people who invision what they are reading, so while I am reading the words, I am standing there watching the story take place. Who would have thought that our imaginations could take us as far as inside the pages of a book. It is a great excape, an adventure that life my not be able to give us. I wish the everyone could take an adventure reading a book, but with all the technology they are busy playing video games, surfing the net, and watching T.V. I am guilty of this, not doing all of those things but letting my son do those things and not making sure that he is reading. Don't get me wrong, he gets his share of books at Christmas time and for his Birthday, I see to that. But I have also purchased PS2 for him and that is what he spends his free time doing. I can only hope that one day he will discover the world inside a book and be hooked just as I am.
Ok, what started me thinking about books this morning was the radio. The question: "If you wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?" Now being the optimistic that I am, I thought this would be great, I could not wait to hear the awesome titles people would come up with. To my dismay, they were awful and depressing. Doesn't anyone ever reflect on the good things in their life, do they all replay the bad things over and over? And who would want to read a book about all the bad things that happened to this lady on Wednesdays? Now that is an adventure that I do not want to take. Yes, I have read "Angela's Ashes" and a few others that were not so uplifting, somehow that was different that listening to these depressing people on the radio this morning. Stand up people, stretch and smile, you are alive today and have a chance to make a happy memory...take a chance and let the sunshine in.

3 Comments:

Blogger Caterpillar said...

Hmmm, what a great question! I'll have to give some thought to what my book would be called - at this point in my life at least. But I know it would be a more positive than negative title and book!

And speaking of titles - about five years, when I was studying for the bar exam, some teacher said the following phrase (I have no idea what it related to) and I immediately wrote it down as being a FANTASTIC title: The Seduction of a Previously Chaste Woman. I love it!

Do you have a name for your book?

2:12 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I do love that title.
I have not acutally thought what my title to my book would be..I still like the "Where am I going" I think it leave a lot of room for a lot of different things to come into play. That is the way I like it..not too orgainized with lots of room for something unexpected.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Networkchic said...

I tend to like books that start with the depressing but show how to overcome the pain. I think the title of my book would be, What a Girl Learns.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home