Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Faeries' Oracle


Since I posted yesterday about tarot cards, I thought today that I would share with you the cards that I have and have been learning how to read as I am new at this and have a lot to learn.
It is no secret that I love faeries and Brian Froud along with Wendy Froud are two of my favorite authors/illustrator. When I got home with my tarot cards I instantly fell in love with the amazing art work on each and every card. It was so incredible.
There are 66 cards in the deck and each card features Froud's signature faery pictures. Some of the card have a specific faery on them, like the naked leaping "Spirit Lancer"--a feminine card that represents "self-expression, freedom, and exploration".
The cards call upon sylphs, pans, gnomes and of course faeries to lead you on a delightful journey of adventure, discovery and enlightenment.
This is my first set of tarot cards and I love them, but I can assure you that this will not be my last set.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helene said...

there is a place here (a community )where there are many people who will tell fortunes and read the TC's. I thought several times about going and giving it a try. I do buy into some of that stuff.

Interesting that you posted about this and I just did the horoscope gig... great minds think alike!

Happy Tues!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Shephard said...

Oh that's great! Brian Froud... love the artwork. My friend has these. And of course I've seen the pressed faerie books and other guides to the faerie realm, and the amazing dolls his wife makes. Really fun. Cards are beautiful. Froud was the art director/collaborator with Henson on "The Dark Crystal." Amazing artist.

Definitely some of the most artistic non-traditional tarot cards I've seen.

~S :)

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home