Monday, October 02, 2006

Featured Writer


I am featuring Chris Kizneski today not only because he just came out with a new book and that I loved his first book but also because he is from PA.
Chris grew up in Indiana, PA and was voted Class clown of his senior class at Indiana High School. He attended the University of Pittsburgh where he played football while working on his B.A. in writing. A foot injury would end his football career a while later. While studying at Pitt, he wrote for The Pitt News, the Indiana Gazette, and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. From 1992 until 1998, Chris taught English and coached football. After bein selected to Who's Who Among Ameriaca's Teachers, Chris realized that he still was not doing what he wanted to do and quit his job to become a writer.
The Lesson, the first book that Chris finished in 1999 was 1000 pages and did not get good feed back and was told to write a second book that was 600 pages or shorter. With that advice, Chris finished The Plantation less than a year later.
In 2004 Chris moved from Pittsburgh to the Gulf Coast of Florida. He new book, Sign of the Cross came out on September 26, 2006.

It was by chance that I found out what a great author Chris is. I was at Boarders just wondering around and seen The Plantation on a discount table and thought that I would give it a whirl without even reading the back, I mean who does not love a bargin. And from then on I was hooked and have been waiting anxiously for his new book to come out. I have purchased and started reading it, I must admit that I was hooked after the first chapter and can not wait to go home to pick it back up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helene said...

i'll have a look... but i may have just featured him cuz he is kinda cute too hehehhee

happy Tues!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Shephard said...

I love a determination = success story. :)

~S

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home