Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A random act


Ok, I know that I missed musical Monday by a few days, but at least I know that I did this time. But with all the different post that I have read about 9/11 and all of the different shows news casts that were on about it, I was reminded of one of my favorite songs and wanted to share it.
The events that took place on 9/11 were a shock and a tragedy for us all. As we as a nation sat back and watched the events unfold after the horrifying act of terrorism that day we came together for the first time in a long time. It was so heart warming to see the acts of compasion in such a sad time in history, it is a shame that it took a tragedy like that to bring us all together. There is so much hate in the world we live in, what happened to the days that people got a long and did things for one another not expecting something in return? Why do we feel the need to put people down and to commit acts of violence? I blame a lot on our government and the media but that is another day.
Youtube.com did not have this song for me to download, but the lyrics are below and I encourage you to go listen to it when you get the chance.

A Random Act of Senseless Kindness
by South Sixty Five
I picked up the morning paper
The headlines were no surprise
A random act of senseless violence
Was committed again last night
It seems the whole world has gone crazy
And something needs to be done
So starting to day im gonna find a way
Im gonna re pay someone
With a random act of senseless kindness
Unexpected hand to help remind us
A little bit of love is a cure for hate
Its easy to give up, but its never to late
A single step in the right direction
Person to person making a connection
We can change the world thats become so violent
With a random act of senseless kindness
How I long to live the simple life
When neighbors were still friends
And the sidewalks heading downtown
Were safe to walk back then
Oh the classrooms and the schoolyards
Were havens for our kids
Well thats a long way back
And we can get on track
Its a good day to begin
With a random act of senseless kindness
Unexpected hand to help remind us
A little bit of love is a cure for hate
Its easy to give up, but its never to late
A single step in the right direction
Person to person making a connection
We can change the world thats become so violent
With a random act of senseless kindness

1 Comments:

Blogger Helene said...

"How I long to live the simple life When neighbors were still friendsAnd the sidewalks heading downtown Were safe to walk back thenOh the classrooms and the schoolyardsWere havens for our kids" I feel like my little world is like that. I think that sometimes there is harmony, peace and love in the world but it is masked by random acts of violence.

I choose to believe that at least... whether or not it is true is another story! lol

cheers!!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home