Thursday, November 30, 2006

Another year...


Tomorrow I will be another year older and I would like to think that I will be another year wiser. It has been a rough road for me these last few months and I look forward to starting a new year with a whole world of possibilities.
I will take my lessons learned over the year and the years before and try to apply them as best I can, keep my chin up and be proud of who I am.
I have learned a lot about myself this year through experiences and believe it or not from blogging, reading and writing. I have learned that there are good people out there who see the world with an open heart, I have learned that I am a strong person, and I have learned that it is not always good to wear your heart on your sleve.
Birthdays have always been special to me, they are a day to celebrate life. This year I will be celebrating a new begining, to what I am not sure but that will come one day at a time.
The best gift that I can receive this year is for you to celebrate life with me, celebrate who you are and what you believe, know that you are worthy and strong, and be happy.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Michelle. I will celebrate with you because I am a better person for knowing you. I realize that these are not the best of times, but you are still here, and still blogging, and still living.

That is something to celebrate. ((((hugs)))

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

((Michelle)) Happy Birthday ! May you have a wonderful new year.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Kila said...

~*~*Happy Birthday!~*~*

To be strong and happy in the coming year--that really sums it up.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks Brian, it makes me feel good to know that I have help you feel better about you.

Thanks Swampy for the wonderful wishes, I appreciate them.

Kila, thanks so much for stopping by and the wishes, they are very much appreciated.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Helene said...

Happy belated BD!!!! Sorry I am late! Was it great? Hope you celebrated all weekend and that it will be a great year for you!!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Caterpillar said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Michelle! I love viewing things as a new and fresh start, be it a new day or a new year - anything is possible. I know it's still hard but yet you're living and learning and feeling, and those are all very good things! I'm wishing you a wonderful year!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Shephard said...

Belated Bday wishes. :)
This was just beautifully written.
It's my philosphy as well. And I try to make sure there are reminders to look at life this way, cuz we all forget or get caught up in the drama.
There are good people out there.
That one should be tattood somewhere so I see it and feel it and remember it. It's effortless to take the easy path and be cynical; it's a true testiment of character to remember that there are always good people out there when we're buried daily in news reports to the contrary.
Thanks for the reminder.
~S

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home