Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Putting me back together


We do not always realize what is best for us at the moment, our hearts hang on longer than they should. Some times it takes a heart wrenching event to realize this, but in the end it is usually for the best.
This past week, I realized that I need to let go of the past, to stop holding on to something that was no longer there and start putting myself back together.
Over the past few weeks I have learned a lot about the people that I consider friends. I am sadened by the fact that it sometimes takes a life altering event for you to see who your friends truly are. I am greatful for all of the people who have passed through my life at some point, but it is nice to know who your true friends are. I have also realized that I am the only one that holds the pieces of me and can put them back together.
It is a slow process, but I know in time I will be whole again and feel like the person I once was. The tears do not flow as often as they use to, the depression is being held at bay, and the light is slowly shining through.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shephard said...

Michelle, you are so strong. Good for you.
I'm happy to hear you are rallying to your own defense and being there for youself. Seek positive perspectives any way you can, browse the shelves at Barnes & Noble, whatever it takes. Listen and you'll hear the messages that will help you put yourself back together.

Finding out who your true friends are is always a huge blessing, even if you had to come by it the hard way. Bless the people who aren't and send them on their way. Imagine putting them in boats and pushing off the dock, watching them sail away. You don't need them, you have your good friends. You only have room in your life for healthy friendships. And now you can watch the horizon for more. :) There's no shortage of people on the planet. You'll find new people, healthier people as well.

Thinking good thoughts for you.
~S

2:30 PM  
Blogger CeeCi said...

Michelle,

Putting yourself back together after such an unexpected and painful shock is difficult, yet so worth the time and effort. You are worth the time and effort. Take your time, let the people in your life who love and care about you be your comfort.

**Big Hugs**
♥ CeeCi

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home