Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Do you Believe...



Do you believe there is something more to life than what we see everyday? Do you believe that there is a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow, in fairies, in spirts of the dead, in psyhic ability? All these things are of great wonder, but do they really exist? There are so many things in society that make us use our imanigination do we sometimes get confused between reality and fantasy? Do we believe in things because we want them to be true?

I was raised Catholic, not strict Catholic but Catholic. I would go to church with my mom Saturday nights so I could ride on the bus to a Baptist church. What can I say I just wanted to ride the bus. So I grew up believing what I was taught all those years but now that I am older I find myself wondering if there really is something more out there. I do believe that there are spirits of people that have pasted, weather there are visiting or are trapped here for one reason or another. But can we and do we believe in something that is so different than what we are taught to believe in growing up. I think I do, but I am not sure. I think the values we are taught growing up have a bigger impact on our lives than what we think they do. It is what we do with those values that make us who we are. Yes, we do grow, learn and change from experience but behind all of that are the values we are taught growing up. With all of the different cultures we have here, we are open to other peoples beliefs and values, is it ok to change what we believe? Are there so many choices that people get confused as to what they believe in? Is it wrong to believe in something different than someone else? People are different and believe in different things, that does not make them a bad person as long as they let other people believe in what they want. There is so much judgement in todays society, we are separating our country by fighting over the different beliefs that we have. When you meet someone new, keep an open mind...live, learn, love.

Have a great weekend all, I will be back sometime next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helene said...

Have a great weekend!

Nice post. I think as I get older I appreciate differences more than ever. I need diversity in my life to gain perspective and to keep from getting stagnant.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks Kate, I did have a great weekend as I hope that you did.

Azrael, I have never seen the movie so I will have to keep that in mind this weekend, thanks for the suggestion and the quote...it fares true to me.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home