Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Road Warrior

Which Signs Are the Best Drivers? And the Worst?by Nancy Fenn

Please don't shoot the messenger, but Suncorp Metway, Ltd., a multi-faceted Australian Financial Service, ranked car accident claimants by Sun sign in a study of 160,000 accident claims over the previous three-year period. This is what they found.

Restless Geminis Behind the Wheel
The number one worst drivers were Geminis, "typically described as restless, easily bored and frustrated by things moving slowly," explained Warren Duke, Suncorp's national manager of personal insurance. "They had more car accidents than any other sign."
No astrologer would argue with that description of the sign of the Twins and probably this isn't very surprising news. But who's the best?

• And the Winners Are...Capricorns
Capricorns. Duke says, "Capricornians [ sic ], who came last on the list, [are] typically described as patient and careful."
No argument with that from the professional astrologer. It's no surprise Caps are the safest behind the wheel. They're the safest at everything! Their patience and sense of responsibility are legendary.

We've told you about the absolute worst and best, now for the complete list of all 12 signs. From worst to best, this is how they ranked:

Worst to Best:
#1 Gemini
#2 Taurus
#3 Pisces
#4 Virgo
#5 Cancer
#6 Aquarius
#7 Aries
#8 Libra
#9 Leo
#10 Sagittarius
#11 Scorpio
#12 Capricorn

• Bad Bulls
Yes, Taureans can be obstinate and inflexible, but they are also the most introverted and self absorbed of all the signs. Their natural path in life is to think about their own body - its immediate comfort and needs - and to deal with only the most tangible and immediate of realities.
At a very fundamental level, the world outside may not exist at all.

• Dream On Pisces
Pisceans are the gentle dreamers of the zodiac. They may spend many hours a day in fantasy worlds, escaping the painful realities of life on the physical plane and, more often than not, the pain of being in a physical body.
This detachment from the physical can lead to unconscious feelings of invulnerability or invincibility. If you are momentarily deluded into thinking you don't have physical limits, and that your life is but a fleeting moment in the eternal life of the soul, you can respond to situations of physical danger in illogical ways. Or, at the very least, be slow on the uptake.

• Safe Sagittarius
Sagittarians may stay safe in their cars the same way they do in life, by having superbly developed higher minds. Another name for this mind is intuition. The highly developed sense of flow and good timing characteristic of Sagittarians is what makes them the lucky sign. Furthermore, their minds are right at home dealing with traffic patterns, flow and spatial relations.

• Intuitive Scorpios
Scorpios, on the other hand, may stay safe because they are intimately involved with the inner lives of others in the same way their opposite sign Taurus is defended against this information. Scorpios are sensitive to energy - whether it is a foot away or thousands of miles away-and can feel someone " coming up from behind " at many different levels. Scorpios know if you've had a fight with your wife the night before or if you're thinking about embezzling or having an affair with your best friend's husband. That's why we always feel like they can see right through us. They can.


I always love these little tidbits, as Sagittarians are not the best they are usualy far from the worst in all of these little clips. Yes, I can hold my head high once again as I am a safe driver (knock on wood).

5 Comments:

Blogger CeeCi said...

Looks like I'm going to have to tell Mr. Leo, "you're going to get a ticket or kill us" that this Capricorn driver has no intention of doing either.

This was fun!! Thanks for posting it.

**Big Hugs**

11:16 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Oh yay!! I'm a scorpio!! So, I'm a pretty good driver!! I see my Hub -- who is a Taurus is not so good!! Figures he's my Opposite!! I was just telling him he was self absorbed this very day! LOL!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Networkchic said...

Hmmm, I'm a Cap and I don't know if I agree with that patience thing. I think I'm too anal to be patient. :-)

2:58 PM  
Blogger CeeCi said...

Ola Michelle:: Yeah, I know, I commented earlier, so what am I doing hanging around here...I just wanted to let you know, I've tagged you to do a pretty quick meme. Go to the Garden for details.

*mwah*
**Big Hugs**

12:23 AM  
Blogger Jayne said...

I loved this! Hahahahaha my husband is a Gemini and his driving scares me (he's not allowed to drive my car - I'm an Aries with a Cap. Moon and as Rainman said, an excellent driver!)

Thanks for sharing it (and I just saw I'm on your blogroll *blushes* thanks! I will return the favor shortly : ))

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home