Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Where does the time go?


Well I am back to it, work that is. It is amazing how time works or seems to work. When you are having a great time, time seems to fly by but when you are not haveing a good time, wishing what ever it is you are involved with would be over, time seems to stop.
This weekend went by so quickly, it seems as our friends had just got here and they were leaving already. We had such a wonderful time with them, I only wish it was more. I know that we will see them again, wether it be at our place or up where they live, but what if. Some times I let my mind get the best of me and think of every possible scenario of how things can and will go wrong. I am a worry wart, I guess I always will be. I guess I should start wishing that away instead of wishing the hours at work away like I always do only to realize that I am wishing my life away. However boring it may be, I am still wishing a part of my life away where there could be something wonderful waiting around the bend for me. I do not want to be one of those people who wish they had just one more hour, one more minute, one more second, I want to be one of those people who look back and say "Wow, I really had a full life". Stop and think the next time you are wishing for the time to go by, think that you are wishing your life away and that there may come a day when you are wishing you had those seconds, minutes, hours back. Time is precious, no matter what we are doing.

8 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I love the picture here!! Did you make it?

I used to be like you are describing. In the last several years, I've learned - though it takes DAILY PRACTICE, to just let it be. My mom always told me "Wendy, you are EXACTLY where you're supposed to be, so let it be." So, even if I'm sitting at work, wishing the clock would move faster so I could get out of there and move onto something much more enjoyable, I try to remember, I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. Too much energy is wasted on wishing time away or wishing it back. That energy is much better spent on the present ... not the past nor the future. Special things, like time off with friends, is a great thing to look forward to though, and I know how hard it is to not want time to go quicker to get to the visit or whatever good thing awaits you. But I get all frustrated and pissy when I wait and wait and wait, then POOF!! It's over! So, I have to just let it be and be happy (which is a choice by the way) with the moment and know that good things will come soon enough. The older I get, the faster time goes. It's true. I never believed it, but now I witness it. So ... enjoy your moment, even if it's at work. :~)

8:17 AM  
Blogger Networkchic said...

I catch myself wishing time away and then I remember...No I want time to linger so I can enjoy my daughter in these moments I know will pass too quickly. Wishing time away is like throwing hope to the wind. We must cherish where we are...even if we don't like the scenery.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wendy, that is great advice that your mom gave you, I never thought of it that way..thanks for sharing.

NWC, I love that..."We must cherish where we are...even if we do not like the scenery."

11:16 AM  
Blogger Shephard said...

So so true. I try to make each moment count. It's on-going, isn't it. Our time with our friend flew by as well, and now I miss her.

Love the picture too!
~S

12:41 PM  
Blogger Shephard said...

P.S. I completely agree with Wendy, and that perspective is what keeps me from resenting traffic, missed opportunities and boring days.
~S

12:42 PM  
Blogger CeeCi said...

Everyday we are each given 86,400 seconds to spend anyway we wish. When one second has passed it is gone. When each second comes along it beckons us to savor and enjoy it for the potential it brings with it.

Spend every one of your 86,400 seconds on the things you love, the things that bring you joy and keep you happy and healthy. Know that every second of every day, you are right where you're supposed to be, doing just what you're meant to do. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like no one is watching. Dream bigger than you think you are.

Time is our most precious blessing.

**Big Hugs**

2:38 PM  
Blogger Caterpillar said...

Oh what a great subject and great comments as well! I can't add anything more, but I like the reminder.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend!!!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

CeeCi, I do love the way that you express yourself, the words just flow and captivate me. Thanks for stopping by.

Cat, I always look forward to your comments. Thanks for all of the well wishes.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home