Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Expression of Music


Music is every where, for most of us it is part of our daily lives. As a human activity, music may be used for artistic or aesthetic, communicative, entertainment, or ceremonial purpose. Artists use music to express their feelings, and we in turn express our feelings through their music. Music is such a big part of our lives that there is even a study of the music of non-human animals know as Zoomusicology. Hey, what may be considered music to one person, may not to another, but that does not mean it is not music.
For a lot of us, we relate to songs and their lyrics from various experiences we have had, but for some, they find themselves in the music. Feelings arise while listening to music that some people have never felt before.

One of the songs that I can realate to most is "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield. Sometimes when I am listening to that song, I think that there is someone out that knows me so well. I am so motivated and touched by this song.

Natasha Bedingfield

Unwritten

I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten
Oh, oh, oh

I break tradition, sometimes my tries, are outside the lines
We've been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can't live that way



What song best realates to you or you to it?

2 Comments:

Blogger Networkchic said...

Pretty much it's the song playing on my blog...Into the Light by Alice Peacock. I can't stop listening to it because it's as if she's talking right to me.

10:35 AM  
Blogger CeeCi said...

There are so many songs I identify with, it's hard to pick just one. I've posted many of them on my blog.

I enjoyed this entry. The image was wonderful!

**Big Hugs**

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home