Thursday, January 11, 2007

Hodgepodge of things...



Well my two bosses are in, today could be a rollercoaster ride that I do not want to take, but I will try to look on the positive side of things...like they are leaving tomorrow.

I usually read my horoscope every day, some days it fits and some days I find my self wonder where these people get these things. It so happens that today's could turn out to be some good advice, it is as follows:

When you're put into a situation that involves delicate egos today, trust judgement and play to fairness, not to politics. You have the strength of supporting your actions, so do not try to anticipate what the 'right' answer is, if you think something is a bad idea, say so--even if it's your boss's idea! Playing favorites won't get you far today. It's all about setting an example of honorable behavior. Impressionable eyes will be watching.

Ok, moving on... it has been a whirlwind season for our Wednesday night dart team. Due to the separation of Al and I the team has been through a lot and surprisingly has finished on top...well almost. Last night we were playing the first place team and need to win 10-5, at one point it was 9-3 (us) and they came back and won 2 more games, which meant we went into the last game in a tie for 1st. We needed to win to be the best.....and I blew it. All I needed was a simple bullseye to take the game out and secure 1st for out team and I missed it, and they won. Like it was said last night "you can not be on the pro list and miss a bulls". I still really feel bad about it, I should have never missed, they are my favorite to throw at and I am usually right on. I know my team does not look at it like that, as there is no "I" in team, but I still feel that I let them down. We still have the playoffs and hopefully the turn out is a better one, but all in all we have endured a lot this season and where we are shows that we are a stong team with bonds that could last a life time. I guess that is what is important here, not the wins or where we finish but how we stand by each other and the bonds we create doing it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shephard said...

I bet there are several teams who wish they could go all the way and miss a bullseye... just to have enjoyed the ride. :)

Hope your work situation quiets down.
Maybe some tranquilizers in their coffee?

~S

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle at least you guys took 2nd. That's better then nothing after all you guys have been through. I'll be there to watch the play-offs if there at Peanut's. Well I'm off to New York to visit with Carter till Monday. I will miss you on saturday night. Good luck at darts and I will be calling Therese to say hi to everyone. Have a good week end and see ya later.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,

Hope you are having a great weekend.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could have bet money that I left a comment here...something about not realizing there were dart tournments...Nevertheless, hope you had a nice weekend and this week brings happiness...

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home