Thursday, January 04, 2007

Back but not ready....

Well I hope everyone had a nice holiday, as for me, I am glad that they are over.
I took the week between Christmas and New Years off, the first week that I have had off from my job in over 5 years. I usually take a day here or there but never a week.
It was nice but lonely at the same time, for as I was lounging on the couch thinking of things to do, everyone was at work. That just goes to show that I could not be a home based person as boredom and laziness would set in after about two weeks and I would become a good for nothing, nothing.
After returning to work on Tuesday, I really wish that I had another week. Things are not off to a good start here at work, but I guess that is the case when you work in the corporate world...expect the unexpected. No sense in going into deatil, but let's just say that I am caught between a power strugle between two bosses and can not break free. The worst part of it all is that they will both be here next week. Yes, I am already thinking of things that could possibly put me in a hospital bed for a day or two just to miss thier visit. Ok, I would never do something like that but after these past few days, I have day dreamed about it. Nothing wrong with streatching the imagination now is there?
I am waiting for a new position to be created in another department so that I can get myself away from the power strugle and the fueding female egos but it is a slow process. Until then I will try to stay below the radar and stand my ground as not to be pulled in either direction.

Hopefully I will have something exciting to talk about someday soon, until then I will keep writing if you keep reading...or I will keep reading if you keep writing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Helene said...

it sounds like you have a goal for the new year! (the new position)! I bet that will be exciting to talk about! (actually I bet the power struggle is exciting too but in a bad way! lol I often have nothing to write about and feel like all I do is complain here on my blog! I really am not such a downer! lol really... I swear!

hehehe

Happy New Year!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Shephard said...

Yeah. Power struggles are no fun to caught in. Ego's are touchy things. Staying under the radar has to be the best bet.

2007 is going to be much better. The odds are staggeringly in your favor. :)

~S

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing worse than being used as a pawn. Except a low paid and abused pawn. They should both be fired!!!!

Then you can take over. :)

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home