Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Nothing better....


Well I am back from Chicago and I did not come home a loser by any means. I just want to say that there is nothing better than spending 5 days with friends that mean more to you than they will probably ever know. I had a great time with them, enjoyed every moment and would not change a thing not ever the part where I did not shoot well. We did win the PJ shoot out so we did not come home total losers, but we did not fair well in the other events. One would be on and the other off and...not a good combination. But all in all it was a wonderful trip and I would not change a thing.
We (my b/f and I ) drove this year, and I am glad we did. I always love a good road trip, but having the car in Chicago was great. We go to see and do somethings that we would not have got to do with out it. Yes, we could take the "L" and do things but driving through the towns and seeing the different sites were much more appreciated from the car. We even got out one night to find a Sushi place to eat. As it was a little different than what we get here in Pittsburgh, it was very good. We also go to go out and get burritos at this place that is open 24/7...they were very crowded at 2:30 a.m. but it was worht the wait.
We did make it to Navy Pier this year and it was amazing to see, well what we could see of it, it was really foggy that day and could not see much of anything past the docks. But the pier has a lot of other attractions to see as well, like Bubba Gumps. "Stupid is as stupid does"...yes we ate at Bubba Gumps and it was very entertaining to watch the wait staff and the food was good. We also found a Harley store in town as two of the people that were with us are big fans. It was neat to see how the store was set up compared to the other ones that I have been.
It seems that every year the group of us that go from Pittsburgh gets smaller and smaller for one reason or another. Even though a great time was had, those that could not be there this year were truly missed. All in all it was a great trip and I can not wait to do it again next year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shephard said...

Like the artwork. Some of it reminds me of an artist we collect. His name is James Christensen. If you haven't seen some of his work... esp. his older stuff... you might get a kick out of it. Actually, I did a post about it with pictures...
http://shubertalleyshephard.blogspot.com/ 2006/02/wildly-colorful-whimsy.html

(I broke up the link again, so it should show, but if now, just use the Technorati search on my blog to find the post with the artist's name). :)

~S

1:56 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I will check it out...thanks!!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home