Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Blinded by the Light

I had this spread all planned out for yesterday and in the mist of me getting everything that I wanted to say together, I got called into a few meetings and before I knew it, it was time to go. So I did not get my Musical Monday post posted on Monday...wow, say that 5 times really fast.
Any way, it is not secret that I am not all that knowledgeable when it comes to blogging and I can not figure out how to post a song(I probably could if I had more time to play around with it, but do not think it such a good idea being that I am at work), so this is my version of Musical Monday.

I do not have many good memories of my day or being with my dad, actually I really do not have that many memories at all. He was and is an alcoholic and sometimes physicaly and verberally abusive. He never went on family vacations with us, in fact he rarely went any where with us. A normal outting with my dad consisted of a bar and a roll of quarters to keep my brother and I busy at the bowling machine while he got his fix. When I was older I tried to have a relationship with him, but it turned out to be onesided and I felt as though I was 6 again and had an imaginary friend.
For some reason every time I hear"Blinded by the Light" by Manfred Mann's Earth Band, it brings to me a good feeling about my dad. I vaguely remember being in a car/truck with him when I was little and singing this song. It may be the one good memory that I have with my dad, but it is mine all the same. This song has been my favorite for a very long time and I suspect that it will stay that way.


Blinded by the Light was written and originally recorded by Bruce Springsteen in 1973, but it was not until Manfred Mann's Earth Band released it did it have it's greatest success and went to #1 on Billboards hot 100 in 1977.


BLINDED BY THE LIGHT

Bleinded by the light
Revved up like a deuce,
Another runner in the night
Blinded by the light,
Revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the night
Blined by the light,
Revved up like a deuce
Another runner in the night
Madman drummer brummers,
Indians in the summer with a teenage diplomat
In the dumps with the mumps
As the adloescent pumps his way into his hat
With a boulder on my shoulder, fellin' kind a older,
I tripped the merry-go-round
With this very unpleasin', sneezin' and wheezin
The calliope crashed to the ground
The calliope crashe dto the ground
But she was..
Blinded by the light

It goes on from there, but if you know the song keep on singing, I know I will.

5 Comments:

Blogger Networkchic said...

Want to hear something really funny? When I was a kid I thought that second line said...wrapped up like a douche. Yeah, silly right? It wasn't until I actually found out what a douche was that it grossed me out. :-)

1:57 PM  
Blogger CeeCi said...

Wanna hear something really funny? I thought the last word in the second line was "douche" too, I wonder how many of us heard that?

One easy way to share music is by going to YouTube.com, find a song/video you'd like to share then copy the "embed" code and place it in the "edit" mode of a new post. Badda-bing Badda-boom, you have a song.

**Big Hugs**
♥ CeeCi

3:57 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

NWC, I thought that as well and I am sure there were a lot of people out there that thought the same.

CeeCi, thanks for the tip, I really appreciate and maybe next week I will try it out.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Caterpillar said...

I love how a song can sometimes forever bring back a certain feeling and/or certain memory. And I'm really happy that you have one good memory of your dad that you can always hold onto, and no one can take it away.

And yes, I thought it said douche, too!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Shephard said...

I too could not relate to my dad. You keep the memories that work for you. :)
~S

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home