Monday, August 14, 2006

Starting the week easy

I had a wonderful weekend and now I am slow getting the week started. I seen this little meme on Caterpillars blog and thought it would be a good way to start off the week. I did not realize how long it was until I started to answer the questions, but I managed to finish them all and hope that you enjoy it. If you post this on your blog, please let us know so we can come and enjoy yours as well.

And now, the meme:

1. How old do you wish you were?
As an adult I do not wish I was older like I did when I was a child. When I was young, I always wanted to be older so that I could do all the things that a grown up did, but now it is almost the opposite. I sometimes wish I could go back and do things a little different still knowing what I know now.

2. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
I was at work. I remember that day clearly, not only for the horrific tragedy that happened to our country but for the great distress that I had not being with my son who was at school at the time. They were not letting us out from work at the time as the whole building was in lock down, so I had to wait to go and get my son to take him home where we would be together and could sit and morn the days events.

3. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?

I do not usually use vending machines, but if this happens I usually look for another machine and try it. I try not to fret over the little things.

4. Do you consider yourself kind?
Yes. But I also can put up a wall and come off very cold when meeting new people. It takes me awhile sometimes to be comfortable with someone new. The trust needs to be there and I do not always trust right away and that is when my persona changes.

5. If you had to get a tattoo, where and what would it be?
I have a tattoo, it is a tribal sun done in mostly black work with a swirl of orange, yellow and red in the middle on my upper left thigh. I got it there because I work in the corporate world and wanted to be sure that it would be concealed when I was at work, I like to keep my professional life separated from my personal life. I always wanted a tattoo and I told myself that if I still wanted one when I as 30, that I would get one and that is what I did. I love my tattoo and do not regret it one bit.

6. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?

I took French when I was in High School and I hated it and in return I have forgotten much of what I learned. I have always wished I would have taken Spanish instead, but will get a chance to learn with my son this year as that was his language of choice.

7. Do you know your neighbors?
Yes, and most of them pretty well. But there is one neighbor that I have known since I was a child and am very close with, Joe. We all would hang out at his place from time to time and he always welcomed the company. Now as I look out across the street to his house, there seems to be a new set of kids that hang out there, including my son and Joe does not seem to have aged a bit.

8. What do you consider a vacation?
Being away from work is always a welcome vacation. I do not necessarily have to go some where. Having time off from work and spending time with my son and sweetheart no matter what we do is always a great vacation.

9. Do you follow your horoscope?
There are many people who write horoscopes on a daily basis and they usually all do not write the same thing. I do read them on occasion but do not try to fit my daily life into what is written.

10. Would you move for the person you loved?
Absolutely, that is part of commitment, standing by each other through come what may.

11. Are you touchy feely?
I am with the people I am close with and my friends. I always hug and some times kiss the people who mean something to me when I or they leave. I think it is important for those people to know that I care about them. Sometimes life does not go they way we anticipate and you do not know when your paths will cross again.

12. Do you believe that opposites attract?
Yes, and I have often been attracted to people that are totally opposite than me. It has not always worked out but the attraction was still there. I think we want to live a little like that person but out mind set will not let us.

13. Dream job?
I would love to own my own business, a little shop of some sorts. I have thought about this for a long time now, but have not come up with any ideas that I think would be prosperous at this time. I would also like to work in the art filed, weather it be advertising or something like that.

14. Favorite channels?
People actually have favorite channels? I really do not have a favorite channel, I watch what ever channel that has something that appeals to me on.

15. Favorite place to go on a weekend?
I do like to go out from time to time, but I also like to stay home and just enjoy the company that I am with. But my favorite thing to do on the weekend is to get on the bike with my sweetheart and just ride.

16. Showers or bath?
Showers. I do take an occasional bath but then get up and rinse off in the shower. There is just something about sitting in dirty bath water that does not appeal to me.

17. Do you paint your nails?
I paint my toenails. I am not a big feet person and feel that they are more appealing when the nails are painted. Now only if I could convince my boyfriend of this.

18. Do you trust people easily?
Not really. With all of the crime and what not in the world today, it is hard to give trust that easily. It seems when you let your guard down, it is that one time that you get burned by your decision.

19. What are your phobias?

Snakes, spiders, dieing alone, drowning, fire.

20. Do you want kids?
I always did and I do have one, but I do not want anymore.

21. Do you keep a handwritten journal?
No, and I never did.


22. Where would you rather be right now?
At this very moment I would like to be lying on a blanket near a body of water or a stream in the arms of my sweetheart looking around and watching the day go by.

23. What makes you feel warm and safe?
Different things, it depends on the situation.

24. Heavy or light sleep?
I am a light sleeper, but I guess that is because I have a child. Even though I do not have to worry about him as much any more, I still wake up when I hear things.

25. Are you paranoid?
I do not think that I am a paranoid person, I do sometimes let my mind race and tend to think about all the bad possibilities of a situation before I realize that I am being silly.

26. Are you impatient?
I can be. I do not like to be late for anything and can become impatient while waiting for some one to be ready to go.

27. Who can you relate to?
I try to relate to everyone and put myself in their shoes. I try to find the things that are similar between me and a person instead of trying to find the things that make us different.

28. How do you feel about interracial couples?
Love is blind and so am I. I do not see two people that come from different ethnic backgrounds, I see two people that are in love.

29. Have you been burned by love?
Yes. I know that is the part of loving sometimes but that does not make it easier when it happens.

30. What's your life motto?
I would not say that it is a motto, but I try to find the good in people and treat them as I would want to be treated. Live, learn and laugh often.

31. What's your main ringtone on your mobile?
My Humps, it started as a joke and I just never changed it.

32. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Sleeping

33. Who was your last text message from?
I do not participate in text messaging but the last one I received was from Connie.

34. Whose bed did you sleep in last night?
Our bed

35. What color shirt are you wearing?
Teal and black

36. Most recent movie you watched?
Hardball

37. Name five things you have on you at all times?
Cell phone, keys, sunglasses, purse, chap stick

38. What color are your bed sheets?
cream and different shades of earthy greens

39. How much cash do you have on you right now?
$1 and some change

40. What is your favorite part of the chicken?
I love chicken so I really do not care what part it is as long as it is cooked right.

41. What is your favorite town/city?
I love Chicago, but then again I have not traveled as much as I would like so I will leave the “favorite” spot open for now.

42. I can't wait till...
I can wait. I love where I am right now and am going to enjoy it instead of wishing for things to come. They will come, in time and when the time is right.

43. Who got you to join Blogger?
No one really, I have a friend that has a blog and from that I started reading a lot of other blogs and now I have my own to share.

44. What did you have for dinner last night?
Stuffed banana peppers

45. How tall are you barefoot?
5'8"

46. Have you ever smoked crack?
No and never will

47. Do you own a gun?
No, I do not believe in guns other than for hunting.

48. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Diet Pepsi

49. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
Just being me, I am sure some of the physical attributes help as well.

50. Do you have A.D.D?
No.

51. What time did you wake up today?
5:30 a.m.

52. Current worry?
Financial of course, don’t we all worry about that?

53. Current hate?
I do not hate, hate is a disease.

54. Favorite place to be?
Just being with people I care about.

55. Where would you like to travel?
Every where, I would like to see so many different places for different reason.

56. Where do you think you'll be in 10 years?
Where ever life takes me. I can only hope that I make good decisions and am in a good place, happy and healthy.

57. Last thing you ate?
Sausage biscuit, I try to eat something for breakfast every morning

58. What songs do you sing in the shower?
I do not sing in the shower, only in the car.

59. Last person that made you laugh?
My sweetheart, he always makes me laugh. He has such a positive attitude and a fun way about him.

60. Worst injury you ever had?
I was always active growing up and had a lot of breaks, but I think the worse for me was breaking my collar bone. That was definitely the most painful.

61. Does someone have a crush on you?
I don’t know. I know that I am loved but a crush is not love.

62. What is your favorite candy?
I am not a big sweet eater not do I care much for chocolate.

63. Favorite errogenous zone?
Pretty much anywhere when it is with the right person in the right situation, it is the sensation of touch. But I do love to have my hair pulled.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

I enjoyed reading these! Do you have pictures of your tattoo on your site? That is too funny that 'My Humps' is your cell phone ring tone. Anyway, thanks for sharing : )

1:18 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Jayne, I do not have pic's of my tattoo on my site, but that is a thought, maybe you will see it one day on here.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Caterpillar said...

Oh, I'm so happy you did it!!! And answered them all!!! It takes awhile :) But it's almost cathartic, and fun to read.

I don't have time to read your answers tonight cause I need to get to bed (as it's very very very late), but I'll be stopping back tomorrow to take each one of your answers in!

2:53 AM  
Blogger Shephard said...

Fun meme :)
I would have very similar answers.
~S :)

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home