Thursday, August 10, 2006

Going the wrong direction



I started typing my post this morning, I was in a great mood, one of those moods where you feel that you are just going to burst out laughing at any minute. You know one of those days where you are going to laugh so hard milk will come out of your nose. But then the co-workers started to show up, the two that are in my department and I started to feel that great mood take a turn. For a year or more now we have had an employee in my office taking advantage of the system. We work four 9hr days and one 8hr day and then four 9hr days and we are off every other Friday. Well she has been coming in late taking a 2-3hr lunch and still taking her days off and has more vacation than anyone. We do not have a supervisor in this building but we have on in another building in another state. Well she has been made aware of the situation and is trying to correct it, but by doing this she is making everyone feel like they are being baby sat. There are times when I feel like I should be raising my hand to use the restroom. Now I know that there are times when you are going to be late coming back from lunch due to traffic, slow service or what not and the same thing with coming to work in the morning, but when you start taking advantage of the system on a daily basis someone has to put their foot down. Now that she has been tagged, and the finger was never pointed directly at her, she has been making rude comments about the situation. Come on now, you were wrong and got busted deal with it. It alwasy takes that one person to ruin it for everyone, now we are being questioned about what time we come in, what time we go home, what time we take lunch, what time we get back. I do not have anything to worry about as I have been working 45-50hrs a week, but the situation is getting a little out of hand. We are all adults here, at least I thought so.

HHNT!!!

Have a great weekend, I am off tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

That stinks. It's a shame the finger wasn't pointed directly at the appropriate person and let THAT person ALONE be dealt with. It's a shame all have to suffer for the lack of responsibility of another.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home