Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Flying on the wings of emotions



I consider myself to be a strong person, I speak my mind, I am bound and determined to do things myself, I am very stubborn, I have broad shoulders, and I am a woman. But today I seem to be flying on the wings of emotions. It started with a post I read that talked about human laws and people being blind to their true beliefs and following others. This post turned on an emotional valve today and from there is just kept flowing. I went on to read other post that also hit that emotional valve today in one way or another. It has been quite a ride this morning for me. But you know it is so great to feel all of these emotions becuse I know that I have a heart, that I feel things, that I have beliefs and compasion for others, that I am a live. The emotions that we feel may not always be good ones, but they say a lot about us. It is ok to be a strong person but it is also ok to be intouch with your emotions.

7 Comments:

Blogger Networkchic said...

It's better to feel emotion than to be dead to it.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Shephard said...

I know what you mean, Michelle. Some days, we just feel things more deeply. Eat pasta! It's got natural mood boosters. Hug an animal if you have one. And read something that gives you hope.
You have a wonderful attitude.
And thanks for the comments on that post. :)
~S

5:39 PM  
Blogger Caterpillar said...

Those days are both good and bad - bad because it's never super fun to be sad and depressed, but good because as you said, we know we can really feel. Yes, we were definitely both having a bit of a funk there!

I hope you're feeling better today!!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Caterpillar said...

Those days are both good and bad - bad because it's never super fun to be sad and depressed, but good because as you said, we know we can really feel. Yes, we were definitely both having a bit of a funk there!

I hope you're feeling better today!!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Caterpillar said...

Woops! It was reeeeeeeeaaaaaallllllyyyyyy slow in posting so I pressed the button twice! :)

8:51 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

yup - I think we all have those days. I also agree that it's good to be in touch with that and not deny your feelings. My acupuncturist told me once how negating or internalizing our emotions can leave many negative physical effects on us. She encouraged me to cry if I needed to cry ... even if I didn't really know why. Anger, sadness, yearning, happiness - it's all good if you acknowledge it and work with it. Oh - and Shephard's right - eat pasta!!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So...crying releases enzymes associated with stress. Did you know that? Yup. And it's important to clean your tear ducts periodically. So, there ya go.

Thanks for stopping by my place. I love your avatar.
Pam

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home