Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday

Yep, it is Wednesday all right. It the is middle of the week, well the work week any way. With the holiday on Monday, I seemed to lose a day. I posted Musical Monday on Tuesday and was wondering why everyone else was early with their Gratitude Tuesday lists. It took me a bit to realize that I was the one that was off...imagine that, me off. Now that is funny.
Today is one of my busiest days of the month here at work so instead of putting together some great post, or one that I thought was great, I thought that I would try to convince myself that it is Wednesday. Like I could do a whole post on Wednesday, oh but I could. Do you realize how many important things have happened on a Wednesday in history? Well let me just share a few with you.


* Wednesday September 6, 1901 - President McKinley Shot
* Wednesday September 13, 1994 - Assault weapon bar signed
* Wednesday September 20, 1850 - Compromise of 1850 Approved
* Wednesday September 27, 1964 - Report of Warren Commission issued

In 1985, Wednesday May 1st is Unternational Labor Day, Wednesday June 19th is Last day of Ramadan, and Wednesday Septemember 25th is Day of Tasooaa.

Wednesday is just not the middle of the week or hump day as many call it, it is a historical day as they all are. Wednesday is a day in history that something could have taken place that has made the world the way it is today, a day that may have taught the nation a lesson, and a day not to be forgotten.

4 Comments:

Blogger Networkchic said...

It's Wednesday? Are you sure?

1:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hey, that is not right. I had enough trouble yesterday remembering it was Tuesday, no need to help me out.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

I've never thought of Wednesday other than the middle of the week until I read your post. Most of the time I just think of it as only two more days until TGIF.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Shephard said...

I've always liked Wednesdays.
I feel sorry for the "d" tho. Never pronounced. Shame.
~S

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home