Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Gratitude Tuesday



After last week, I have decided that I need to stop and make time to do my post for Gratitude Tuesday on Tuesday. You know, it is like stopping to smell the roses, I need to stop and reflect on the things that I am greatful for.

Dairy - What can I say, I love cheese and with out dairy we could not have cheese

Dartboard/Darts - Sometimes I think that getting involved in darts has saved me. With out darts, I would not have the wonderful friends I have today and would have not have the experiences that I have today.

Date(s) - This one can go a lot of different ways, I picked it mainly becuase it made me think of first dates and the magical feeling you get getting to know someone new.

Day - There are many special days and to name them all would mean another whole post, but some of the things that I think of are lazy days, warm summer days, rain days, and those days that are special to us.

December - Ah, my birthday month and the month that we celebrate Christmas.

Delight - the feeling of delight is a feeling like no other, one that can be so overwhelming that it can make you cry. Emotions are a part of who we are and are special.

Den - to the one that I will have some day to hold all of my cherished books, a warm fire place and a comfy chair where I can sit and start an adventure

Derik - My son, without him I am not sure where I would be today.

Devotion - For caring about something so much that you are devoted to it, what an amazing feeling.

Diary - for holding all my personal thoughts and feelings. Sometimes it is better to write things down and clear your mind before having that one conversation that could change your life.

Dictionary - Probably one of the best books I own, it has a world of endless possibilities and has helped me more than not.

Discovery - I love to discover things, like the beautiful shell I found at the beach when I was younger, all the things we have in common with another person, thus discovering a new friendship.

Dogs - Just another of the many animals that I love.

Dolphins - what amazing and beautiful creatures, I could sit and watch them for hours

Doors - for allowing me to shut mine when I just want to be alone.

Dragonfly - warm summer day, sitting by a pond with a good book, sun shining and the beautiful colors of the dragonflies reflecting off of the water...need I say more?

Drawing - I love to draw, I am not that great at it but it is part of me, my expression of myself and how I perceive things. Sometimes even a great emotional relief.

Driver's License - for giving me the freedom to come and go as I please.

Dad - I am very greatful that he is still with us, but we are not close. He has always just been a figure to me, not a father or a friend, and for that I am sad.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Kevin Franz said...

What is it that prevents you from being close with your dad? The older I get, the more I realize that my parents were my age once and I don't feel older... yet. SO, are they still young in their mind, perhaps they are looking for a friend!?

Just throwing that out. My dad and I went though a similar time. Finally, one day I opened up and said how i felt. He was surprised by my frankness, but we are close today due to the fact I spoke up.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I have spoken up and have even written a letter thinking if he has something physically in his hand that it would all sink in, but I was wrong.
There comes a time when you have to move and leave the negative things in your life behind. As I may have not left if behind all togehter, I have moved on.

1:09 PM  
Blogger CeeCi said...

I loved your thoughts on Dragonflies! I was right there with you enjoying the whirring of the insects, the breeze from the pond and the adventures of the book opened on my lap....great visual, thank you for giving me a chance to Daydream!

A couple of summers ago, I had an encounter with an absolutely gorgeous dragonfly, it was Chinese Red, every square centimeter. I think it knew how much it delighted me because I saw it for several days. It would perch on one of the uprights of a tomato cage and pose. In the bright sunshine it created a vivid splash against the green leaves of the tomato plants. Then in a flash, it would streak away, leaving me enchanted in its wake!

Wonderful list today, Michelle.

**Big Hugs**
♥ CeeCi

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle. I just love your gratitude lists, that focus on things that are important in your life. I honestly didn't know that you had a son. :)

All the words on your list are good strong words.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a refreshing post. Makes me sit and think about so many things. One is, my dad was upset with me about something that was so trivial but chose not to speak to me for a while. I finally chose to be the bigger person and bring this into the open. Explaining my feelings and why I did what I did and LISTENING to why he responded the way he did,we were able to not necessarily agree on the decision I had made, but did agree that our relationship was far too important to continue treating each other the way we were. (That was one phenonmenal run-on sentence.)I am so thankful we did. My dad is gone from this Earth, and I have no regrets about anything.
*just thinking out loud*

4:38 PM  
Blogger Shephard said...

Oh, Dragonfly and Den! Good ones.
I'd love to have a room full of books on floor to ceiling shelves. :)
Great list. I always like to see the individiuality of these gratitude lists.
~S :)

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home