Thursday, January 18, 2007

They are every where....

Commercial's....they are every where. Some are good but usually they are just bad and when they are bad they are really bad.
When my son was younger, he would come running into the room, "mommy, mommy, we have to get this shampoo, it makes your hair really soft like that ladies one T.V.". Kids, they are so impressionable. But so are we as adults and consumers.
According to Business Week, the commercials fo 2006 were The Year of at Least Trying.

Sony got top grades for the Bravia paint cannons and blowing million of gallons of paint into the air with the idea that celebrating color can take many forms.
VW got mentioned for bringing us the best Heidi Klume reference this year via "Auf Wiedersehen Sucka", and Harley Davidson for taking the overused Going Your Own Way and spinning it back on itself with their delightful "Black Sheep" spot.
In the Bless Them for Trying category was Smirnoff for their making fun of the cliches of rap videos.
One of my favorites falls under The No Focus Group Would Ever Approve This in a Million Years category and that would be Skittles'. Their and I quote, "weirdly pervy "Beard" spot where, to say the least, the product is merely a brief afterthought to all the spooky facial hair."
I have always loved the Skittles' commercials even though I caught my son trying to plant them out in the yard thinking that when it rained it would rain Skittles'...taste the rainbow.
I am a channel changer when I comes to commercials, I do not watche them if I can prevent it. From time to time there have been a few that have caught my attention, not so much for the product but the content of the commercial.
These are just a few examples of commercials that were mentioned in the article "Most Memorable Ads of 2006". Commercials are a big part of television and will continue to be, the question is, can the ad agencies and product developers keep coming up with commercials that will keep our attention long enough to not change the channel or will we as consumers be sucked in to buying a product just because that is the trend.

What are some of your favorite commercials?

1 Comments:

Blogger Shephard said...

I'd agree. Some really stay with you.
And some I loathe. our DVR ("Tivo") allows us to ffw thru much of them thankfully.

Love the Skittles planting. That's priceless!
~S :)

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home