Thursday, June 01, 2006

Dream a Little Dream


It is not a secret that we all dream, some may remember their dreams and some may not. Dreams actually serve two purposes, one is a natural and necessary function of the brain and the other is the mind relyaing messages to us, this is the subconscious mind. Our subconscious mind is always working, observing everything we do, think, feel or say in our daily lives and stores it away. Our conscious mind slips away when we go to sleep and our subconscious mind comes to the surface and begins to play. This is why we sometimes dream unusual things, like riding on a pig down the city streets. No matter how strange our dreams are they are reflections of our daily lives or how our subconscious sees it. Our dreams are brought to us in symbolic terms, in metaphors. Take the pig for example, a pig represents rude and boorish behavior, selfishness, so to this you may figure out that you are acting this way towards someone or about something or vise versa. Even though the scenarios are ridiculois, it help us see our situation in a different way and we can learn from them. We should all pay closer attention to what we dream; they are our tools to self-discovery and a way for us to learn.
If you have trouble remembering what your dream, try keeping a note book beside the bed as as soon as you wake up write down what you remember even if it is only bits and pieces of it. The more you do this the more you will remember from each dream. Your dreams are a gift from you to yourself, use them.

Information take from "So, What did you dream last night?" by: Lauri Quinn Loewenberg

5 Comments:

Blogger Shephard said...

Wow! I love the new look! :)

Yes, that is a big fat coincidence that we both blogged about dreams. Interesting. Marianna did too. But I really don't believe in coincidences. ;)

A few months ago, I did a similar post about dreams: :)

http://shubertalleyshephard.blogspot.com/2005/11/dream-world.html

Love the blog, and the artwork!
~S

1:51 PM  
Blogger Shephard said...

hmmm... if that address didn't show up (cuz it's not showing on my screen correctly)...so I'll break it up:

http://shubertalleyshephard.
blogspot.com
/2005/11/dream-world.html

~S

1:52 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I went back and read your dream post, it was put a little simplier than what I had wrote but similar.
The reason for my post today was because I had a dream that my grandmother died and she has been dead for about 4 years now. If you can figure that one out I would sure like some insight.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Networkchic said...

Now that I'm pregnant I have wild vivid dreams and they keep me tossing and turning all night. They say you dream parts of your realities...which would be ok when I'm dreaming that I'm married to George Clooney. :-)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Helene said...

I just found out that it actually takes us 24 hours after an event to process it into your brain. The other bit to that is it happens in your REM sleep cycle. If you get up more than once a night you may not be processing your life properly... hummmmmmm so THAT must be my problem! lol!!!!!

I have very vivid colorful dreams and I most often remember them. This year they are not terribly emotional. I think it is all related to the emotional state of being that I am in though!

I love to dream. Both in day and night! *wink

Great art on the site!!

Happy Tuesday! Kate

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home