Monday, July 10, 2006

Monday Blah's

I have to admit, I have the Monday blah's. You know, one of those days where you just want to stay in bed and pull the covers up over your head and hope that when you pull them back down on Tuesday everything will be all better. The do nothing, talk to no one and watch a bunch of crapy movies on TV day.
Ok here is the scoop, we were having problems with our fridge, and I mean problems. Everything was soaked on the inside from all of the condensation and the freezer would build up frost faster than I could get rid of it. So a friend of ours had one that he said that we could have, which was great. So Saturday he brought it over, and it was a beauty. It was bigger, it had a place for ice cube trays, it has glass shelves, it is a really nice fridge and I was very excited. I get all the food put back in the new fridge, read the lables on the inside to make sure that I have it set right and I do and then leave it to do it's thing. Well Sunday morning, the items in the fridge are not all that cold and the stuff in the freezer is not all that frozen, so we move the settings a bit, fill some ice cube trays and go to a party. Well this morning, all I have in those ice cube trays is some pretty cold water. Great, now what. Yes, the easy solution would be to buy a new one, but right now that does not fit into our budget. So I will sit back and let him make a decision. Boy do I wish we still had the old one, a bunch of wet food is better than a bunch of warm food, that you should be affraid to eat. That just goes to prove the grass is not alwasy greener on the other side. Be happy with what you have because what you get may not always be good.

5 Comments:

Blogger Networkchic said...

Oh I'm sorry for your fridge problems...you know one good thing is that when you don't have a fridge you won't stand in front of it with the door open wondering what the heck your doing there. I do that a lot...drives me nuts. :-)

1:48 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Now that is funny,I can not say that I have ever done that. I have wondered what I was going to make for dinner and then decided there was nothing that I wanted to make and told my honey and son to fend for themselves.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Shephard said...

Oh, that sucks, Michelle.
Do you have a Sears Outlet near you? Those are great, you get these never-used floor models for half or less!
Or just a regular SEARS, if need be. When we had this problem, we got a SEARS card, and paid it off in about 1.5 years.

~S

5:06 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Oh, that stinks. Could you have just thrown a breaker or something when changing fridges?? Is it getting power at all? I'm sorry - that would really bug me!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for your concern, I appreciate it. The fridge is still not working properly so we are looking into things today and hopefully come up with something.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home