Monday, June 26, 2006

It's a zoo out there...


It was a wonderful day for the zoo on Saturday. We actually got to go after hours since Mustange works for a company that is a big contributor to our zoo, and only the employees of this company and their families were allowed in at this special time. Now I thought that we would not get to see much figuring that they were just all probably fed and were hiding out napping some where, but that was not the case. It was just awesome, we are big animal lovers. It is sad to see them in a area that is not even close to what they would be in the wild, but without the zoo's we would not get to be so up close and personal with the animals that we love so much. It is one of those "no win" situation. Being that there are so many animals at the zoo it is very hard for me to pick a favorite, but I do have to say this Sea Dragon pictured here is deffinately at the top of my list. I probably stood there and watched them for about 15 minutes and often thought about trecking back to see them one last time before we left, but the kids (my sone and his friend that is a girl..yes I am in denial) were tired and hungry of course, so I did not make it back. There was just something about these Sea Dragons that were magical, it is hard to put into words. All in all it was a great trip and I can not wait to do it again, maybe in September when the new Polar bears will be out.
Happy Monday!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Networkchic said...

I love the zoo. I hate that they are caged...but you are right, without zoos we'd never learn to appreciate their beauty.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home