Friday, June 23, 2006

What day is it????


With all the different cultures that are spread across the United States, there are many different special days and holidays that are celebrated, but did you know that Feb. 4th was Create a Vacuum Day? If you get the right calendar, you'll see that nearly every day is dedicated to celebrating somehting. Jan. 16 is Appreciate A Dragon Day, did you buy a card? Speaking of which, that gives me an idea, a card store that has cards for all of these special days. Anyway, Oct. 10 is National Kick Butt Day, April 16 is National wear your pajamas to work day and one of my personal favorites is June 22 Stupid Guy Thing Day, sorry guys but this one leaves it open for one to use their imagination and I did. Now I have seen a little more variety in the greeting card department but I am pretty sure that I have not seen a card for any of these. It is just amazing to think that someone some where celebrates one of these different days. I mean they would have to right, or there would not be a "National" day of anything. I would like to know which village idiot it was that proclaimed Feb 9 Toothache Day or Feb 5 Disaster day. And as I have not done a whole lot or research into this, I have to wonder if you look at different sites would these days be different. There is really no the point to this, it is just realizing that every day is something more than what we think, at least to someone.
Carnival time in Rio, a celebration of all desires of the flesh that becomes, for a short time the center of every hedonistic excess know to man...and a few new ones that are invented every year. If you are the sort who likes to walk around nekkid to tease the neighbors, you'd be disappointed here. Walking around unclothes is de rigeur, although some body paint or glitter is recommended just to add to the municipal canvas. However, Rio's been out done by the small Brazilian town of Espertantina, where a Monday in May was Orgasm Day. Wonder if they get the day off for that, and if not I bet there are a lot of people that call in sick? What does one wear for that special day, as we as Americans dress in red, white and blue for the 4th of July, is there special atire for Orgasm Day? Do they have a parade and what would the floats look like? Yes, I am sure there is a lot of people reading this that their imaginations are running wild, trust me, been there. I even bet there is someone that is planning a trip to Brazil next May and I only have one thing to say to that...."Take Me!!!".

3 Comments:

Blogger Helene said...

hummm... I am far to American for that trip... I am not that comfortable with my body that I could walk around nude... I would, love to see the photos! lol

9:42 AM  
Blogger Networkchic said...

What a wonderful post...I think I'm going to make it a tradition in my own family to designate a day...just to love. Wouldn't that be nice.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Hummm ... I'm thinking about what day I would create to celebrate. And, something tells me that National Orgasm day does not have a parade -- maybe they just all smoke a cigarette, even if they don't smoke??

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home