Thursday, June 29, 2006

Celtic Woman


Sometime at the end of last year while channel surfing, Mustang came across a woman singing on one of the local stations. It just so happens that he loves woman's voices and stopped to watch a bit. That is when we fell in love with the Celtic Woman. The concert they were playing on T.V. was to promote their concert here in Pittsburgh. Evey time it was on we watched it and found out selves looking for it to be on again. So I bought Mustang tickets for the show for Valentines Day. The show was nothing short of sensational, I never wanted it to end.
Below is a little clip I pulled from the net that would explain a little more:
The five-member group known as Celtic Woman gained an enthusiastic audience when they sold out two shows at the Orpheum last October. They will return to the Orpheum for an encore performance April 5. Celtic Woman features 5 beautiful women; 4 gifted vocalists – Chloë, Lisa, Deirdre and Orla; and Máiréad – a brilliant fiddler. Their individual talents are featured in ensemble as well as solo performances. The women are led by the talents of David Downes (Musical Director, Conductor, Composer and Arranger). Downes, who is a prodigious young Irish star, had previously worked as musical director of Riverdance. The show is the realization of a dream for Sharon Browne, Managing Director of Celtic Collections, one of Ireland's most successful independent record labels. Celtic Woman will perform unique renditions of Irish songs such as: “Danny Boy,” timeless classics like “Ave Maria”, contemporary songs such as Enya's “Orinoco Flow” and Clannad's “Harry’s Game”, in addition to original works arranged by David Downes.
Also here is a website that you can listen to a few of their songs: www.manhattanrecords.com/cwplayer/player.html
If I was a little bit more talented I could upload it to my blog but I am not, at least not yet.
If you ever get the chance to see them in concert, I would very much advise that you do. I have even started collecting their individual CD's and can not wait for them to release more.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Hummm ... I'm going to go check this out. I may like it!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I hope that you do Wendy, I thought it was breath taking. But I know that we all have different tastes.
Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your imput.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Caterpillar said...

I checked it out and I kept listening to the three songs over and over and over again. It takes me away to some magical place - thank you for sharing! I'd heard of them before but never heard their music, now I'll be getting this for sure!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Networkchic said...

I love them...I actually have their cd and it's what plays for my daughter every night when she goes to sleep. I saw them in concert about a year ago and they are wonderful. You have great taste.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Shephard said...

They did a concert on PBS not long ago. They have very pretty voices.

~S

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home