Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Gratitude Tuesday



Tuesdays seem to come so fast, maybe it should be Gratitude Fridays that way the weekends would seem to come faster. Then again, I guess that would fall under the category of "wishing your life away", and by all means I do not want to do that as I still have not found my place in this world.

Do you ever wonder how important you really, who would really miss you if you were not here, where do you really belong, and if you are someone that you should not be? I guess after life changing events we start to wonder those things and a whole lot more, I know that I do and have been for a while now. I guess what is really important is that you like who you are and protray yourself to be, as long as you are true to yourself you are heading in the right direction. I think that I am heading in the right direction, I just need someone to give me a little push to get the momentum going.

Gratitude Tuesdays are a good way to look at things differently than you normally would. I do not recall all of the lists that I read last week, but I thought of a "d" word that I am thankful for and that is dirt, with out it we would not have green grass, produce, food for our livestock, mud puddles, dirty kids and a whole lot more. Not to many people would think to be thankful for something so insignificant, but in reality it really is not.

Gratitude Tuesday "E"

Ears - For the ability to hear, hear the voices of my friends, the soothing sound of a comforting loved one, a childs joke.

Earphones - For allowing me to listen to my music and not disturbing others, sometimes I wish this worked the other way as well.

Earth - For all the wonder and amazing things it holds. This is a far too big of place to list all of the things that I am greatful for.

Education - For being there for me to learn a trade, an occupation, and for teaching me about the past and all the wonderful things that I missed.

Electricity - I am very thankful for this, but sometimes wish that we would not have it as we rely too much on it and do not read or find other things to do like we would if we did not have it.

Elevators/Escalators - For giving me the means to go up many floors without having to use the stairs when my knees hurt.

E-mail - For allowing me to keep in touch with my friends who are far away.

Embrace - Have you hugged someone today? Hugging is a great source of affection and it shows that you really care about that person. Also, it is a great feeling to receive a hug from someone as that means they care about you too.

Emotions - I wear my heart on my sleve and cry at the sappy movies, books, commercials, conversations. I love emotions as they are the greatest part of who we are, sometimes I wish I could shut them off for a bit.

Employement - For giveing me the ability to live and provide. Money is not everything and does not buy happiness, but it is a necessity.

Eraser - For allowing me to erase the mistakes that I made. If it were only that easy to erase the mistakes we make in our daily lives.

Eucalyptus - I love walking into a craft store and smelling the eucalyptus.

Evergreens - For giving us something green in the drabby winter time where everything is dirty and blah. Also for the wonderful smell they give us at Christmast time.

Extension Cords - For when the cord is just a tad short.

Eyes - For giving me the abitity to see, see all the beauty around me, for looking into someones eyes, for seeing my son grow up, for seeing all that I can.

5 Comments:

Blogger CeeCi said...

Lovely list today Michelle.

I've wondered the same thing myself, about people missing me. When I start thinking that way I think of George Bailey..."the richest man in Bedford Falls." We're all here for a reason and our leaving would create a void. So, simple answer, yes you would be missed.

Evergreens! I live in a state filled with Evergreens. Looking out my windows, the mountains are covered with them and they stand as tall sentinels amongst the naked and shorter deciduous trees around them here in the valley I call home. Until just this moment, when you pointed out how wonderful they are, I was taking them for granted.

*Big Hug*
♥ CeeCi

12:58 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Gee, this a wonderful list of "E's.."...I came over from Shephard's place and I think this is a lovely way to express what you feel about so very many things...! I agree with you about emotions, too....so incredibly important...! I may have to try this one week...

4:51 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

CeeCi, that is what I meant at the begining of my post when I talked about dirt, there are so many things that we do no think about.

Lady of the hills, thanks for stopping by. I do so hope that you join in one week, it is a lot of fun and you sometimes think of things that you normally would not.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Shephard said...

Geez, Earth is the obvious and important one, isn't it. Funny. Great choices.

I agree with Ceeci. Sad that we cannot ever really comprehend the effect we have on the lives of others. I try to let people know even the small things I appreciate about them. We're all so tied together that any hole will be felt.

~S :)

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the list...
"To the World you may be ONE person...to ONE person, you may be the World."

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home