Monday, June 19, 2006

In the Movies



First off I would like to apologize for not posting for a while, I have been really busy ar work and for some reason I can not get my blog to come up right on my home computer. I am not sure what the problem is, but I assure you that I have just begun the battle and will not give up until I will the fight. I refuse to let something that can not think for it's self defeat me.

People like different movies for more than one reason. Some may like them for what they are, a drama, a comedy, a documentary, I do like movies for those reasons but one of the reason that stands out most to me is that I like the movies that make me thing out side of my box of reality. They are the movies that you watch and start to think "could that really happen, could that really be true". These are the movies that I find that I am drawn to. What if vampires or people that have special powers existed, that would not be so far fetched from reality, would it? I do not think so. There are so many things going on in the world around us that we refuse to see or believe that they do not make it in to our reality box. Sure everyone loves a great love story, but what makes you think that is reality? How may people have axtually lived one of those love stories that we see in the movies? I know that I have not, but that does not mean that it is not part of reality. Just because you have not experienced it does not mean it is not real. Below are some movies that I love to watch, ones that have made me think outside my box of reality.

Armageddon

Constitine

Underworld

Matrix

X-men

The Craft

The Skelton Key

Van Helsing

Practical Magic

Ok, so by now you think that I live in this fantasy world, well that is not ture. The point of this post is to get people to open their minds, to use their imaginations and step outsitdeof their box of reality for a change and see what is out there. Tehre are so many different people, cultures ans wonderful things to discover. So step outside and play a little, broaden your reality box.

4 Comments:

Blogger Caterpillar said...

I haven't seen many of those movies, but I do like to wonder "what if" with regard to that other-worldly, magic or super power thing. I think it's why Harry Potter is so popular!

I also know that we humans don't really utilize most of our brain, so what if we did? There are those legitimate psychics out there, who can touch an item and know about it's owner. That fascinates me, as does astrology. My aunt told me that it's just another way for us to possibly be given answers.

Interesting, you've got me thinking now! :)

5:18 PM  
Blogger Helene said...

I dont know that I would have pegged you for a sci-fi kinda gal! lol

I like fantasy and sci-fi... but only the good ones (I did love the Matrix and even liked the Terminators! lol) I often go to the movies as an escape of reality. I like a good comedy, but will pass on the depressing politically based or horror flicks like Crash or Halloween...

Gosh I am freaking picky! No wonder I dont see much! lol

Thanks for posting again!!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Shephard said...

Seen 'em.
And I love the X-Men series, even if the 3rd one was a little disappointing. I like movies and books that take me to different worlds and realities.

~S

7:15 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Cat, I am glad that I got you thinking, that means my post served a purpose.

Kate I am with you on the depressing politically movies, however I do like most horror movies...nothing wrong with a good scare once and a while to get the adrenalin flowing.

Shephard, I have not seen the 3rd X-men yet, I am waiting for it to come out on DVD, I am more of a home movie person. Going to the theater is really no my cup of tea. But there are those movies that I just have to see right then and there and then I do go.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home