Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Everything happens for a reason

Last night Mike (who I have know since I was a wee thing and a good friend of the family) went out to a Luck of the Draw dart tournament that they had in our area. Sometimes I am not sure which I love more, playing darts or the people, I am such a people person. Anyway, Mike drove as he usually does, so when we got there I put my keys in the consul of his car that way I did not have to worry about them lying around at the bar. Drunk people tend to pick up other peoples keys by accident and take them home, I am not quite sure why this is but hey who am I to judge. Well when we go to the bar, Mike had to get some things out of the back seat and for some reason while doing this he put his keys in the consul and picked up mine. Now I did not see this event take place, so I was clueless. After about a hour to a hour and a half of being there Mike got a call, his wife's sister had passed and he needed to leave. I would have just went with him and let his partner and my partner pair up, but being the guy he is, he made sure that I had another way home before he left. A few minutes after he left, someone was walking around holding my keys up inquiring who's they were. Of course I claimed them because they were mine and had my life of keys on it. So now the question was, where are Mikes keys. Of course I thought that he had locked his in the car, and that we would have to call his distraught wife to bring him the other set, which I would have made a call and worked around that, but the thought did cross my mind. So out to his car I went only to find that the doors were unlocked (he naturally could not lock his car with my keys as he tried to do) and his key were in the consul. So you see if he would have not placed his keys in the consul and picked my keys up instead, I would have never thought about my keys being in his car when he left, therefore leaving me stranded from everything as my life keys were on that key chain and he would have been on his way to VA. Things do happen for a reason, it is just figuring out what that reason is and using it to learn and grow.

I want to send my deepest sympathy to Mike and his family on their loss.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shephard said...

Funny how many little details conspire to create life's events. Great story.

~S

5:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Seeing the mystery and quirkiness is such a great gift.

Pam

9:06 AM  
Blogger Networkchic said...

You are right things do happen for a reason but most times even when we figure out what the reason is, we disagree with it. :-)

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home